Fragrant crunchy muesli/ granola, also a nice gift idea
December 23, 2020 By Verena Grewenig
Delicious crunchy muesli completely without palm fat and additives.
or about 700 g of muesli you need the following ingredients in organic quality:
- 200 g nuts as desired almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, peanuts
- 70 g organic coconut oil
- 50 g agave syrup, honey, maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 300 g seeded oat flakes, primal grain flakes or spelt flakes
- 30 g coconut chips or coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 40 g cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 3-4 drops of food grade essential oil as desired, e.g. tonka, vanilla, cardamon, cinnamon, orange….
- food processor or nut grinder, who does not have this can also take chopped nuts or almond flakes
- large saucepan, wooden spoon for stirring
- Oven with top and bottom heat, baking tray and baking paper
- Nice glasses and tins for filling
Grind the nuts in a food processor or nut mill (6 sec. on speed 5) and transfer to a bowl, the nuts should still be chunky, not finely ground.
Heat the coconut oil and agave syrup in a food processor or saucepan (3 mins on speed 1 100°C). In the heated coconut syrup mixture you can now add the essential oils and stir the whole thing briefly.
Now stir in the oat flakes and the coconut chips (15 sec. step 3).
Then add all the other ingredients and mix well again (30sec. speed 3 left).
Now spread the finished granola mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper and dry it in a preheated oven at 175°C with top/bottom heat, hot air does not work here, it would stir up the granola. Every 5 minutes, briefly turn the granola with a spoon so that it is evenly browned. Remove the granola from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet.
You can now pack your deliciously fragrant muesli in nice airtight jars or tins or snack on it right away.
I wish you fragrant success in testing it out