30.04.2021 Eifel working group, essential and fatty plant oils for the spring cure.
- Mai 2021 from Verena Grewenig
On 30.04.2021 the working group Eifel took place again.
Because we could not visit the historic water mill due to the current situation, the working group took place online again. After a short round of introductions of the 16 participants as well as the passing on of current
“Essential and fatty plant oils for the spring cure”.
Reasons for a spring cure:
- Purification / detoxification
- Weight reduction
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Getting fit again, coming out of hibernation
- Do something good for yourself, be mindful, self-care
- Activate metabolism
- Alleviate physical complaints
- Increase well-being
What can a spring cure include?
- Dietary changes/restrictions
- Lots of exercise
- Lots of fresh air
- Taking time for yourself
- Herbal applications
- Aroma care
We can support the skin and immune system with these fatty plant oils:
- Hemp oil
- Linseed oil
- Milk thistle oil
- Evening primrose oil
- Black cumin oil
- Sea buckthorn oil
These oils can be taken as a cure, they have anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, antioxidant, cholesterol-lowering, calming, skin-caring, anti-rheumatic, concentration-increasing, soothing, cell-regenerating, hormone-regulating, cholesterol-lowering, pain-relieving, blood pressure-lowering effects.
Here is to pay attention to a good quality, preferably use organic oils in raw food quality, from small oil mills with water-cooled screw press
With the following measures we can support the detoxification process in the body:
Oil pulling, e.g. with aroma care – oil no. 15 Mouth and oil pulling well, Jophiel aroma oils
Support lymph flow, e.g. with aroma care oil No. 9 Lymphwohl / No.13 Venenwohl, Jophiel aroma oils
- Brush massage
- Aroma massages
- Oil peeling
- Liver wrap, exact description can be found on
Consequences of lymph flow stimulation by aroma massages
- Tissue is decongested
- Slag substances are removed, detoxification
- Increase in resistance, antibodies are formed in the lymph nodes
- Vegetative nervous system is calmed
- Release of endorphins, thus pain relief
- Improved blood circulation
- Healing effect on the internal organs
These essential oils can stimulate the lymphatic flow and support detoxification:
- Orange sweet
- Mandarin red
- Rosemary verbenon
We can support aroma self-care through:
- Scent meditation
- Aroma baths
- Room scenting
- Refining drinks and meals with essential oils
- “A Scented Read” – The Scented Pharmacy by Anna Ruhe.
Ruth von Braunschweig, Plant Oils, ISBN 9783943793680, 6th edition 2018.
Ruth von Braunschweig/ Monika Werner, Aromatherapy Practice, ISBN 9783132434714, 6th edition, 2020.
Next dates of the working group
07/09/2021 4 pm
Herbal hike under the guidance of Ralf Berg
Volcano hotel Steffelberg, Hochstrasse 7, 54597 Steffeln
Price per person 15 E with 4 -course wild herb menu 39 €
01.10.2021 16:30 – 19: 00
Visit of the historical water mill in Birgel,
Mühlenstraße 1, D-54587 Birgel/Vulkaneifel
Costs between 20-30 € per person, depending on participants.